Women in Business Challenge
The Urban League Women in Business Challenge, in partnership with The Idea Village, is centered on educating and empowering female entrepreneurs in New Orleans.
Research indicates that start-up ventures steered by men have out-performed those created by women in annual sales, employment growth, and income. The 2nd annual Women in Business Challenge will elevate and empower women to “go bigger” in their entrepreneurial endeavors in order to have the same performance potential as male-owned start-ups, with the ultimate goal of creating economic impact.
Women in Business Challenge Qualification Criteria
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Entrepreneur has an existing business or well-researched idea that is 51% owned by female(s).
• Business model is innovative, empowering and/or delivers a needed resource(s) to girls & women.
• Current revenue does not exceed $1 million.
• Venture has high probability to quickly generate revenue.
• Venture has high potential to reach $1 million in annual revenue within 3 years.