Apply for a Job
The Idea Village is currently looking for to fill the following positions:
2015 Entrepreneur Season Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR)
Interested in an innovative sabbatical? Want to be part of the entrepreneurial renaissance in New Orleans?
The Idea Village, a New Orleans-based non-profit organization with a mission to create change through entrepreneurship, is looking for a seasoned entrepreneur to lead our core accelerator programs during the 2015 Entrepreneur Season.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker with a track record of getting things done, a coach who can help entrepreneurs prioritize and grow. You may be a preacher of the Lean Startup gospel, a serial entrepreneur, or a tech evangelist on top of all the latest trends. You must be someone who enjoys mentoring, working with others, and helping innovative founders build great companies. The ability to analyze and work with a wide range of early-stage ventures across a variety of industries is critical, as we are looking for the next great coach to support the city’s next great businesses.
Desired Profile: You have successfully started and scaled a company – or two, or three. You have been through the murky startup waters, know firsthand what it takes to get a business up and running, and are excited by the opportunity to help others launch their own journey. You have successfully raised capital, know how to manage the responsibility that comes along with investment, and are interested in coaching entrepreneurs looking to raise funds.
The Opportunity: Entrepreneur-in-Residence
In an effort to identify and grow the city’s next generation of startups in New Orleans, The Idea Village hosts two focused programs, IDEAxcelerator and Capital Village, to help a select group of founders carefully think through opportunities, assess and manage risk, and identify what is needed to scale their business. The EIR is responsible for leading these two cohorts and helping the participating founders leverage critical resources to grow their businesses.
1. IDEAxcelerator (IDX) is an 11-week accelerator program for 8-10 early-stage, high-growth New Orleans founders as determined by an intensive application and interview process. The EIR helps select the cohort and then serves as their coach, helping the founders navigate an exclusive Idea Village marketplace of resources including industry experts, seasoned business executives, investors, and professional service providers, who can accelerate the immediate and long-term growth of their new ventures. The IDEAxcelerator program will run from September 2014 – December 2014.
2. Capital Village is a 10-week accelerator program with a focus on honing the particular skills for raising capital for 8-10 high-growth New Orleans founders that are selected through a rigorous nomination process. The EIR serves as the coach of this cohort, helping the founders leverage the exclusive marketplace of resources to refine and strengthen their pitches, materials, and fundraising strategies as they prepare for investor-facing events during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week in March. The Capital Village program will run from January 2015 – March 2015.
Employment Status: 8-month contract.
Timeline: This contract will begin in August 2014 and run through March 31, 2015.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of general management and/or entrepreneurial/startup work experience
• Communication; leadership; analytical and strategic thinking; organizational skills; flexibility
• Cross functional and process management
• Desire to coach, mentor, and advise entrepreneurs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented flat organization
• Passion for building the New Orleans entrepreneurial community
ABOUT THE IDEA VILLAGE:
In 2000, The Idea Village was formed by a group of New Orleans citizens who believed entrepreneurship is a catalyst for positive change. The Idea Village formalized in 2002 as an independent 501(c) 3 non-profit organization with a mission to identify, support, and retain entrepreneurial talent in New Orleans. From 2009-2014, The Idea Village has provided direct support to over 3,411 New Orleans entrepreneurs by engaging over 2,600 professionals to allocate 68,543 consulting hours and $2.5 million in seed capital.
The Idea Village is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation.